Saturday, January 2, 2010

Emancipation Day

As I watched the ball drop on a new decade Thursday night, I couldn't help but look back over the last decade with no small amount of regret. It was a decade of inaction and complacency. Furthermore, it was a decade of developing addictions. Now I find myself in desperate need of change and more willing than ever. I'm not a happy person and it's abundantly clear that my addictions are the primary culprits. So, in an effort to become the reasonably happy person I should be, I'm starting this blog as a catalyst for action. Most of the stuff I write will be related to my habits regarding eating, drinking, smoking, weight and spending. This will be my addiction journal and hopefully this will become the recorded history of how I went from bondage to freedom, emptiness to fulfillment. I want to share these things with you. I want to share this struggle. I believe most of us have some addiction in our lives and the vast majority of us will die a slave. This is my emancipation day.

No comments: